Wednesday 25 March 2009

Back in Paris: Visitors, Round 1

Once again, my continued apologies for not getting all of my photos up by this point, as well as still writing about what seems like ages ago.

After having pseudo-settled back into Paris from my spring break, I woke up on Sunday morning and got over to Mass and the grocery store. Following this, I went with Trevor to attempt to find his sister, who had come to visit Paris (and Trevor, of course), as this was now her spring break week. Out of what seemed like sheer luck, we found them (or they found us?), and by 'them/they' I'm referring to Sarah and her boyfriend, Mark Andrew. Yeah, that didn't get confusing in the least. :-P

Entouk, we walked around Paris showing them around and trying to figure something out to do. (I think we are all just relieved that they finally made it into Paris.) However, with the sun still shining brightly over Paris (though to them our weather still warranted a layer or two more than us), we definitely still had to profiter du soleil, and aimed to go to the Catacombs. Unfortunately, we got there five or ten minutes later; fortunately, after three tries, they were finally able to see the Catacombs. I should also mention that Pat (Sarah's teaching mentor) and Quinton (Pat's son) were in Paris, as well. With the Catacombs not to be visited on Sunday, we made our way to the Jardin du Luxembourg, before heading back to their hostel. After a quick brasserie stop, we met up with them again to go to Argentine and have dinner with our host family, followed, of course, by pains au chocolat with chocolat chaud.

Monday, the first day of our internships (for which I will focus on in a different blog entry) finally arrived. After the end of our internships, we met up with Sarah, Mark Andrew, Pat, Quinton and Jill and eventually found ourselves in the Studio de l’Ermitage (thanks, Trevor, for having blogged about this already). Tuesday was St. Patrick's Day and naturally I wore an unnatural amount of green. May I also say that I knew I wore to much when I realised that I had exceeded what I believe to be the legal limit of green. In any case, no one said anything about it, but the looks were priceless enough. Wednesday came around and Trevor and I were lucky once again to find Sarah and Mark Andrew. We went looking for Pat and Quinton at the Louvre and had dinner near Châtelet. I would like to mention that the mousse au chocolat at the restaurant was by far my least favourite of all that I've tried in Paris. Indeed, it may have been the cause of some bizarre sentiments towards it, as both Mark Andrew and I both seemed to have gotten sick. Unfortunately, this carried over to Thursday and for the first time, I did not help myself to more chocolate when it came time to dessert that evening (my body also seemed to react negatively to the cheese, as well). [To clarify, Sarah, Mark Andrew, Trevor and I had our weekly meal with our host family on Thursday.] For all who may be reading this right now and may be worried for some reason or another, don't worry! I've been back to my old chocolate and cheese eating ways. :) Thursday also marked Irene (art history major from BU)'s visit to Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment