Thursday 26 March 2009

My Current Carnet de Bord

A carnet de bord is a kind of journal that individuals may use to keep track of their work progress, etc. These are rather "encouraged" for each student, especially for our internship reports; so, we pretty much use it. I love being guided through this process and with my carnet de bord updated, I can now share (because I'm sure I would have otherwise forgotten) what I've been working on for the past 8 days. In total, I've:

TASKS
*Translated 4 requests of a welcome family dossier from French into English.
*Translated 11 foreign student dossiers from English into French (using a dossier guide).

*Prepared 38 foreign students' dossiers for on-line posting.
*Translated a student letter from not-the-greatest-English to pseudo-perfect English.
*Prepared 11 foreign student dossiers for the Internet via scanner (scan-to-pdf).
*Noted and saved the information of 33 foreign students onto the website/database, and printed copies of these new dossiers, recovering them either directly from e-mails or the global database
*Entered the information of 12 foreign students' files into English directly onto tho database (9 of which were done without using the dossier guide)
*Pulled out 38 mugshots, in total, from the students' electronic dossiers

LEARNED
*How to fill out a dossier guide
*How to use "Lotus Notes,' the interdepartmental e-mailing system*How to prepare files for the Internet
*How to use "Global Link," the main website for every electronic form
*How to get missing dossiers from the GL website
*How to scan to a PDF form
*How to use a stapler :)
*How to fill in directly student info into the database

OBSERVED
*The structure of AVS: VSF, learning how each department works with one another
*The French workplace

I've also received my own desk and computer to work on, and have also attended three staff meetings, the first of which was my first [non-extracurricular, etc.] staff meeting.

Whew! And with that, I am now all caught up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment