Monday 27 April 2009

The Dinner

Well... Greetings from Paris! As you know, I finally caught up a bit by talking about my past, past weekend in Paris, only to find myself talking about the past few days. Not much has really happened, outside of my rapport du stage and a bunch of filing I've had to do (seriously, you'd think the intern does the filing in the beginning and then all of the cool projects towards the end, eh?), though in reality, I suppose this downtime sort of activity goes well with the intensity of the rds. Alrighty well enough about that. I just quickly wanted to mention, in brief, that "The Dinner" finally happened. I (along with the help of Trevor, of course) cooked dinner for two of our professors, as well as Pat. I don't know if there's really any way for me to properly capture the awesomeness of that night without actually talking to you about it in person (yeah, I said that as "aboot"), so the dinner menu will have to suffice:

-Apératifs
-Plat : Baked potatoes with raclette and prosciutto (definitely trying to make the most use of my raclette machine before I bring it back to the States with me... in [WHAT?!] less than two weeks)
-Salade : Mixed greens with avocado and strawberries, and a raspberry vinaigrette
-Fromages : Comté, Emmental, Camembert, Chèvre, Forme d'Ambert
-Dessert : Home-made banana bread with chocolate chunks and walnuts, served with ice cream and my chocolate Nutella sauce
-Pains aux chocolat and chocolat chaud

No comments:

Post a Comment