Wednesday 1 April 2009

Hyuu! It's Really April Fool's Day?

Well, I guess today is really tomorrow for all y'all that are reading this in lands to the west of France. In any event, it is neverthless the 1st of April in my neck of the woods. This week has been moving rather slowly, but I have somehow already reached mid-ish week and am getting wicked excited for tonight's football match. It's the first qualifying match for the World Cup in South Africa, slated this evening to be between France and Lithuania. Apparently there was a match on Saturday, as well, but I have no idea as to what that's necessarily for. In any event, tomorrow night is the football match and I'm wicked excited for it. I've already said that; I think it's worth repeating.

What's perhaps equally worth repeating is that after a bit of a hiatus, Trevor and I hosted some of our classmates for a full-on meal. Consisting naturally of six rounds (including six pains au chocolat), our meal ended up being for six people in total, the most we've ever tried to have at one point in my room. With this said, everything worked out quite well and with Trevor's help peeling and cutting vegetables the night prior (as we watched Watchmen; which reminds me, on Sunday, we saw Dragonball Evolution while eating French toast for lunch, followed by Bienvenue chez Les Chtites), the ratatouille I made was a bit better than I expected.
With all of this said, tonight's menu was as follows:
Apératifs
Entrée: toasted bread rounds with chèvre and tomato sauce
Plat: ratatouille (my version of which included onion, garlic, carrots, eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, green pepper, tomatoes, emmental and tomato sauce, cooked together with sausage) with pain de campagne (this kind of bread has more mis, or 'meat', i.e., greater inside to outside (crust) ratio, which is good for eating with soup)
Salade: mâche with red and yellow cherry tomatoes
Fromages: emmental, comté and chèvre
Dessert: mousse au chocolat with strawberries and nutella, topped with chantilly
Pains au chocolat + chocolat chaud

Finally, for all of those FRIENDS fans out there, I finally found the video I've been looking for for a while: clique ici.

No comments:

Post a Comment